Although every company needs legal representation it can rely upon, competent legal advice is especially important for entrepreneurs and emerging businesses. At this critical early stage, companies need advice across a wide spectrum of relevant issues, including—
- Choice of business entity (sole proprietor, partnership, corporation, or limited liability company).
- Tax withholding requirements.
- Workers’ compensation insurance and taxes.
- Unemployment compensation taxes.
- Sales and use taxes.
- Business licenses and permits.
- Securing financing (potentially through private offerings of securities).
- Support from venture capitalists.
- Employment and labor law.
- Registration of trademarks and service marks for protection of good will.
- Identification of and patent protection for important innovations.
- Licensing agreements for strategic partnerships and revenue generation.
- Business and liability insurance issues.
- Real estate issues, especially buying or leasing a business site.
- Contracts and other agreements.
Lanier Ford provides counseling on all of these issues and can develop a creative and innovative approach to maximize your company's value.