Lanier Ford, a full-service law firm in Huntsville, Alabama, is the firm of choice for sophisticated clients in need of practical legal solutions. We are proud to represent an impressive range of clientele, from large, national insurance carriers and local governmental entities to technology startups and individuals. Our clients tell us that they select our firm not only because we have highly rated attorneys, but also because our attorneys are client focused and results driven. As a firm, we strive to build long-term relationships with our individual, corporate, business, and governmental clients. Our commitment to excellent professional service is strengthened by our single-office model and a culture of collaboration among practice groups.
“Lanier Ford is the largest Huntsville-based law firm. Being the largest, in and of itself, however, is not enough. The more important facts are that Lanier Ford has first-rate lawyers practicing in a broad range of areas important to individuals, businesses, and governmental clients. Its leading lawyers are recognized as being among the “Best” and being “Super.” Its younger lawyers have highly impressive educational and legal backgrounds. As a long-time member of the firm, I am proud of all it has done.”
—J. R. Brooks, Attorney
Lanier Ford’s history in the Huntsville community dates back to 1899 when Milton H. Lanier, Sr., opened his solo practice. Shortly afterwards, Earle Ford began his practice in 1916. Attorneys from the predecessor firms of Lanier Shaver & Herring and Ford, Caldwell, Ford & Payne not only provided quality legal services throughout the 20th century, but also established a culture of community leadership that continues today. In 1988, the two firms merged to form Lanier Ford Shaver and Payne, one of Alabama's largest firms at that time. The firm focused from the beginning on recruiting talented lawyers to provide its increasingly sophisticated clientele with the best advice available. In 2009 the firm joined Huntsville’s skyline after moving into its current location at the corner of Clinton Avenue and Memorial Parkway. Like the rest of the Rocket City, Lanier Ford has an eye to the future and values innovation and creativity in providing services to clients.
Today, Lanier Ford is home to more than 43 lawyers with skills in a wide variety of areas:
- The firm’s corporate and employment attorneys give cutting-edge, innovative advice to assist clients looking to in setting up their businesses, protecting their intellectual property, avoiding employment disputes, establishing comprehensive employee benefit plans, and financing their startups or expansions.
- The firm’s litigation attorneys serve as panel counsel for many national and international insurance carriers, and are regularly engaged by businesses, governmental entities, and governmental employees to handle high-stakes litigation before federal and state trial courts, governmental boards, and agencies. When an appeal is necessary, the firm is ready: Its appellate attorneys have collectively handled well over 300 appeals in recent years.
- The firm’s real-estate lawyers help individuals and businesses with facility acquisition and leases, while the firm’s litigators help enforce contracts and, when necessary, defend businesses against workers’ compensation claims.
- When the business matures, the firm’s business attorneys and employment lawyers guide business owners through the sales process and, where warranted, even help them find the right financial sponsor to take the business to the next level.
- With attorneys recognized throughout Alabama and beyond, the Huntsville-based law firm of Lanier Ford provides the personal attention and responsiveness of a smaller firm with the sophisticated advice and advocacy expected of a much larger firm.