Lanier Ford defense litigators are experienced in preparing and presenting compelling cases to resolve the complex issues arising in the aviation industry, especially those involving disasters. We have experience representing insureds at every level of the industry, including aircraft owners, manufacturers, operators, ground handling companies, aviation service providers, component manufacturers, mechanics, and pilots. Our attorneys are prepared to represent clients involved in litigation arising from the following (among others):
- Emergency landings.
- Evacuation incidents.
- Slips and falls on boarding bridges and inside terminals.
- Accidents on the tarmac.
- Ticketing and denied boarding.
- Damage to freight or baggage.
We are available to represent clients involved in commercial (including cargo carriers) or general aviation, regardless of whether airplanes or helicopters are involved. We can represent clients involved with accidents attributable to the following (among others):
- Pilot error.
- Inadequate training.
- Faulty maintenance.
- Design defects in aircraft components.
- Manufacturing defects in producing the components.
- Errors by air traffic controllers.
- Interactions of air carrier staff with passengers (for example, incidents involving customers with disabilities, unaccompanied minors, ticketing, and security measures).
We are familiar with various laws and agreements that cover aviation, such as—
- General Aviation Revitalization Act (GARA).
- Montreal and Warsaw Agreements.
- Intercarrier Agreement of the International Air Transportation Association (IATA).
When your aviation business needs advice or representation, Lanier Ford stands ready to assist.
See related service areas: