E-mail Scott Faulkner
2101 West Clinton Ave.
Huntsville, AL 35805
Post Office Box 2087
Huntsville, AL 35804-2087
Attorneys / Scott W. Faulkner / Full Bio
Scott W. Faulkner
Mr. Faulkner’s practice is centered on tax, corporate law, and employee benefits law,
including various aspects of the Employee Retirement and Income Security Act (ERISA). He
advises emerging and established businesses on tax issues, government contracting, mergers and
acquisitions, and securities law. He advises individuals about retirement planning, estate planning,
and marital planning, among other related issues.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Courts
- Northern District of Alabama
- Middle District of Alabama
- Southern District of Alabama
- United States Tax Court
- All Alabama state courts
- American Bar Association
Section of Corporate Law
Section of Tax
- Alabama Bar Association
- Huntsville-Madison County Bar Association
- "The Tort of Negligent Supervision and Personal Liability," Alabama Defense Lawyers
Association Journal, April 2006 (with George W. Royer).
- "§ 1983 Claims and State Remedy Requirements," For the Defense,
August 2005 (with George W. Royer).
- "Still on the Backburner: Reforming the Judicial Selection Process in Alabama,"
Alabama Law Review (2001).
- LL.M., Taxation, 2010, New York University, New York, NY
Editor, Tax Law Review
- J.D., summa cum laude, 2001, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
Order of the Coif
Hugo Black Scholar
Dean M. Leigh Harrison Scholar
- B.A., 1996, Stanford University, Stanford, CA
Varsity Baseball Team
- Board of Directors, Schools Foundation, 2011–present
- Board of Directors, Aids Action Coalition, 2008–2011
- Board of Directors, Huntsville Symphony Orchestra, 2011–present
- Law Clerk for Judge Edward Carnes, United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the Eleventh
Circuit, Atlanta, GA (2001-2002).
- Graduate study at Yale University in pursuit of a Ph.D. in American and English legal history